• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your top mood enhancement supplements?

LOL, ask a question like that on a board like this, and I don't think the discussion will involve nootropics 8) .

And most, if not all, of the products you listed have little/no actual research proving efficacy in normal, healthy adults for the vast range of benefits they purport to give.

Exercise, yoga, meditation, healthy eating, various green teas during the day, herbal teas at night, B-vitamins, and I've been taking 50mg 5-htp before bedtime every day for a week now. I've definately noticed an improvement in my mood and energy levels since indulging in all of these.

paradise-seeds-sativa-spirit-s.jpg

I wish I had a really cool, witty pic showing mdma + lsd in some comedic, artistic, fuck just some cool manner, but I'll have to just have to take filenet's lead..

mdma+lsd+copious amounts of marijuana = best mood enhancing stack known to man. Keep proper 'turn off' supplements around as well to ensure your enhancement ends the second you please ;) !!

positive environment has the most impact on my mood/well-being.

oh that was supposed to be included with my recommendation, but then I'd have had to say: ample cigs, music, cell phones off if it's a fri/sat night and drunks are calling, etc etc!!!

Even w/o drugs though, having recently gone camping/hiking to the middle of nowhere, all alone, had a strong impact on mood/well-being. But I wouldn't call the woods a substance, mdma/lsd on the other hand....

Yes, in that case I will say DMT has had a very positive impact on my overall well-being. I reflect now on my ayahuasca trip almost two years ago and have a very positive feeling of love and compassion for everything.

bingalpaws said:
LOL, ask a question like that on a board like this, and I don't think the discussion will involve nootropics 8) .

And most, if not all, of the products you listed have little/no actual research proving efficacy in normal, healthy adults for the vast range of benefits they purport to give.

Who are they?

samadhi_smiles said:
Yes, in that case I will say DMT has had a very positive impact on my overall well-being. I reflect now on my ayahuasca trip almost two years ago and have a very positive feeling of love and compassion for everything.

DMT is not a supplement. It is an illegal drug.

Gzus said:
Exercise, yoga, meditation, healthy eating, various green teas during the day, herbal teas at night, B-vitamins, and I've been taking 50mg 5-htp before bedtime every day for a week now. I've definately noticed an improvement in my mood and energy levels since indulging in all of these.

Thank you for reading my thread and posting a real reply.

(before I even quote anything, is it safe to assume you plan to provide ZERO proof of "mood benefits" for any of the 'supplements' you posted in your original post?)

NeuronalPerception said:
Who are they?
who is who?

NeuronalPerception said:
was mdma considered a noot before it was outlawed? =D

Illegal drugs can be supplements just as well as some legal ones, just depends what we're talking ;)

Illegal drugs can be supplements just as well as some legal ones, just depends what we're talking

L-deprenyl is a controlled substance in Ireland & Japan (& probably some others as well) - does that mean that it instantly stops beimmg a nootropic because of legislation.

As a final comment, you may think I'm following you around and commenting on your posts; well I am & until you give some independant corroboration to your claims, you have your very own cyberstalker...

fastandbulbous said:
As a final comment, you may think I'm following you around and commenting on your posts; well I am & until you give some independant corroboration to your claims, you have your very own cyberstalker...
you need to make that plural ;)

The DMT afterglow is one of the best feelings in the world, utter serenity and clarity, it really is breathtaking.

It's a naturally existing supplement, and I'm afraid I am going to have to check your vesicles and spinal cord.